My son has the sweatiest gym clothes. I mean, really, I’ve never smelled anything like them. And – if he forgets to wash them right away – well, we can’t be in the same room, maybe even in the same house. Here are some hints on washing stinky clothes.
- Empty your gym bag right away.
- Turn stinky clothes inside out before washing them.
- Pretreat especially sweaty places, like underarms.
- Don’t use too much detergent especially in a front-loading machine.
- Use a booster like washing soda to help remove odors. I use Nellie’s Laundry Soda instead of a separate detergent.
- You can also add lemon juice to the water.
- Avoid fabric softener. Use dryer balls instead.
- Don’t forget to also wash your gym bag.