Did you know that…
“Since the 1990s, women have earned college degrees at higher rates than men. In recent years, the gender gap in college completion has only widened. Men are more likely to drop out and avoid enrollment altogether. Despite this, women are still underrepresented in high-paying jobs.” writes Jessica Bryant in Bestcolleges.com.
- Females make up 50.46% of the US population is female
- Females 16+ are 58.7% of the US population (gender identification issues are for another day)
If those facts are true (and they are) then why are women in the economic position they are in?
- 42% of all U.S. businesses are owned by women (13 million).
- In 2021, 49% of start-ups were started by women.
- 66% of women business owners are the sole owners of their companies
- In 2020, women received loans an average of 33% smaller than their male counterparts
- According to Forbes, 53 women are found as CEOs at Fortune 500 companies.
- Businesses owned by women of color employ over 2.2 million people.
- About 41% of women-owned businesses are owned by WOC.
- 12% by Black women
- 18% by Latina women
- 9% by Asian women
- 1.4% by Native American women
- 0.3% by Pacific Islander women
Read more HERE and HERE. (Thanks, Sophia, for the heads up.)
Total Page Visits: 52 - Today Page Visits: 3